Search millions of new Berkshire records and British newspapers this Findmypast Friday
Over 2.1 million new records from Berkshire have been added to Findmypast in their latest Findmypast Friday update.
Nearly 1 million transcripts make up this record collection, spanning nearly 400 years of history. Rich biographical details can provide parents’ names, and even occasionally notes about the father’s occupation or the mother’s marital status. Examples of foundlings, orphans and children born outside of marriage can also be found.
The earliest records in this collection date from 1538.
Dating from 1536 to 1991, the Berkshire Burials can reveal an ancestor’s burial place and burial place, and sometimes even notes on the circumstances of their death. Additional details may also include a relative’s name and their relationship to the deceased and residences, making it even easier to spot your ancestor.
Moving into the 19th and early 20th centuries, you may see further clues by cross-referencing with Findmypast’s newspaper collection.
These record transcripts, now at 1.5 million records, have been published in partnership with Berkshire Family History Society and the Family History Federation.
These records cover the years 1538-1931. You might spot your ancestor’s age, marital status and occupation, and often witnesses to a marriage, making it easier to confirm if you have the right ancestor. You may also learn if your ancestor married by banns or licence, and also details of the bride and groom’s fathers.
There are now nearly 1 million records in this collection.
Findmypast has added new pages to 24 titles this week, dating back to 1836, and going as far forward as 1999. Many cover the late 20th century.
- Bury Free Press, 1990
- County Tipperary Independent and Tipperary Free Press, 1897-1905, 1907
- Deal, Walmer & Sandwich Mercury, 1865-1869, 1880-1888, 1900, 1902, 1908, 1914-1920
- Diss Express, 1971, 1973-1975, 1980-1985, 1994
- Hammersmith Advertiser, 1861
- Haverhill Echo, 1976-1977, 1990
- Hull Daily News, 1875
- Irish Emerald, 1877-1880
- Kentish Independent, 1919-1922
- Langport & Somerton Herald, 1856
- Leek Times, 1891
- Liverpool Daily Post, 1919-1920
- Liverpool Journal of Commerce, 1886-1887, 1889
- Lynn Advertiser, 1963, 1967, 1995-1996, 1999
- Macclesfield Courier and Herald, Congleton Gazette, Stockport Express, and Cheshire General Advertiser, 1837-1843, 1861
- New Milton Advertiser, 1970-1977, 1986, 1998
- On the March, 1914-1919, 1921
- Railway News, 1879
- Spalding Guardian, 1990
- Suffolk and Essex Free Press, 1990
- Surrey & Middlesex Standard, 1840
- Town and Country Advertiser, 1836
- Witness (Belfast), 1880, 1894-1897, 1899-1900, 1902-1929, 1931-1937, 1939-1941
- Wolverton Express, 1960-1962