Search millions of new Kent records and British newspapers this Findmypast Friday
Over 4.6 million new records from “the garden of England” have been added to Findmypast in their latest Findmypast Friday update.
This brand-new collection contains over 4 million records spanning 337 years and dating back to the reign Elizabeth I. Documenting both parliamentary and local voters’ lists, these transcripts provide the names, parishes and, in later records, addresses of voters across the county as well as the nature of their qualification to vote and the date they were recorded.
The earliest records are from the Boroughs of Faversham and Dover – countywide coverage does not really begin until the 1830s when electoral reform widened the franchise.
Over 16,000 new additions from the Watling Street Cemetery have been added to our collection of Kent Burials. The amount of information listed in each record may vary, but most will reveal a combination of the deceased’s burial date, age at death, residence, occupation and dedication. Some records may also include additional notes such as their marital status, parent’s names or if they were a foundling.
Kent Burials now contains over 4 million records spanning over 400 years. The collection constitutes a valuable resource for researching ancestry in Kent and is provided in association with Canterbury Cathedral Archives, The National Archives, Kent County Council, Medway Archives, the North West Kent Family History Society, Val Brown and the College of Arms, the official heraldic authority for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and much of the Commonwealth including Australia and New Zealand.
This release sees a week of tens, with ten brand new titles and ten updated papers. This include 114,064 new pages, from the aptly-named agricultural paper Leek Times to local news segment The South London Journal.
- Folkestone Chronicle, 1855-1857, 1859-1869, 1871-1872, 1875-1877, 1879, 1886-1892, 1897
- Hinckley News, 1861-1871, 1874-1875, 1877, 1879-1887, 1889-1892
- Hucknall Morning Star and Advertiser, 1889-1896, 1898-1913
- Leek Times, 1877, 1879, 1888-1889, 1894, 1913-1922
- South Gloucestershire Gazette, 1913-1914, 1919-1935
- South London Journal, 1856-1868, 1877, 1889, 1893
- Sutton Coldfield and Erdington Mercury, 1887-1895, 1898-1904
- Sydenham Times, 1862-1870, 1873-1883
- Tees-side Weekly Herald, 1904-1918
- West Ham and South Essex Mail, 1888-1900, 1916-1941
- Birmingham Mail, 1889, 1902, 1907, 1910
- East Kent Times and Mail, 1872, 1944
- Essex Times, 1866, 1908
- Fenland Citizen, 1975
- Hull Daily News, 1874
- Liverpool Daily Post, 1892
- New Milton Advertiser, 1994
- Newark Advertiser, 1859-1878, 1896-1898, 1900, 1902, 1904-1909, 1911, 1913-1918, 1958-1968
- Saffron Walden Weekly News, 1998
- Westerham Herald, 1892