Search thousands of brand new parish records this Findmypast Friday
Findmypast have just added thousands of baptism and marriage records from Essex and Kent to their ever expanding collection of British family history records.
Unlock the power of parish records with these latest Findmypast Friday new releases. Here are all the details on what’s new.
In partnership with the Family History Federation, Findmypast have added over 38,000 new records to this collection. These new records cover 16 Anglican churches and span over 380 years of Essex history. This update includes records from:
- Blackmore, St Laurence
- Bobbingworth, St Germain
- Chipping Ongar, St Martin of Tours
- Epping Upland, All Saints
- Great Bromley, St George
- Harlow, St John the Baptist
- Hatfield Broad Oak, St Mary the Virgin
- High Laver, All Saints
- High Ongar, St Mary the Virgin
- High Roding, All Saints
- Latton, St Mary at Latton
- Little Laver, St Mary the Virgin
- Magdalen Laver, St Mary Magdalen
- Moreton, St Mary the Virgin
- South Weald, St Peter
- Waltham Holy Cross, St Lawrence & Holy Cross
Findmypast’s Essex parish list includes details on the entire collection including year coverage and the number of records from each church.
Was your ancestor christened in Kent? Over 10,000 new records from two parishes have joined the collection.
These latest additions cover the parishes of Chelsfield, St Martin of Tours and Greenwich, St Alphege and stretch from 1640-1910. The Kent parish list includes all the churches in this extensive collection.
Continue tracing Kent family milestones with over 9,000 new marriage records from three churches, covering 1750-1936.
The newest arrivals come from Lewisham, Westerham and Eltham. Use them to enrich the Kent branches of your family tree with essential details.
Findmypast have published 12 brand new newspapers and added thousands more pages to 12 existing titles. Does your family’s local paper feature? Brand new this week are:
- Barrow Herald and Furness Advertiser covering 1881-1890
- East Riding Telegraph covering 1895-1896, 1899 and 1901-1903
- Halifax Comet covering 1892 and 1894
- Pontypridd District Herald covering 1880 and 1891-1894
- Ripon Observer covering 1890-1895, 1898-1901, 1904-1916 and 1919-1922
- Seren Cymru covering 1875 and 1877-1883
- South Wales Daily Telegram covering 1870-1874, 1876-1887, 1889 and 1891
- Southport Visiter covering 1865, 1869-1870, 1873-1875, 1877, 1886, 1889, 1891-1893, 1897 and 1911-1912
- Warwickshire Herald covering 1884-1896 and 1899
- Weymouth Telegram covering 1900
- Y Llan covering 1881 and 1884-1909
- Y Tyst covering 1877, 1879-1880, 1882-1883 and 1885-1889
To celebrate St David’s Day this week, Findmypast’s latest releases also include five publications from Wales, three of them published in the native Welsh language.
Meanwhile, the following titles have been supplemented with extra pages:
- Blandford Weekly News from 1886
- Chelsea News and General Advertiser from 1974
- Civil & Military Gazette (Lahore) from 1899
- Cotton Factory Times from 1889 and 1912
- Lancaster Standard and County Advertiser from 1898
- Liverpool Weekly Courier from 1902
- Maidstone Telegraph from 1916-1918 and 1920
- Nelson Chronicle, Colne Observer and Clitheroe Division News from 1897 and 1899-1904
- North Cumberland Reformer from 1896
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1895
- Penistone, Stocksbridge and Hoyland Express from 1919, 1923, 1925, 1927-1928 and 1932-1940
- Runcorn Examiner from 1880 and 1889-1890