Search fascinating fire brigade reports and much more this Findmypast Friday
With brand new records from London, Yorkshire and India, where will your past take you this Findmypast Friday?
This week Findmypast have published an eclectic mix of fire brigade reports, monumental inscriptions, life event records and newspapers. Here is what’s new this Findmypast Friday.
These intriguing transcripts reveal the damage caused by bombs in London during World War 1, along with the names and addresses of those involved.
Some of the reports paint a devastating picture of wartime London. For example, H.T. and Carolina Good were “burned to death” while John Foot and Sons’ four-floor business in Islington was gutted by fire.
Findmypast have added over 27,000 new records, spanning nine centuries of Yorkshire history to this collection. Use the newest additions to uncover vital family tree facts.
You’ll see the latest releases marked as new on the parish list which shows the timeframes covered and the number of records from each location.
Privacy rules allowing, Findmypast release more records from this exclusive collection every year. In this latest tranche, you can explore new births and baptisms from 1921 and marriages from 1937.
If your family has roots in the British Raj, these resources are essential for piecing together your past. Findmypast’s unique British India Office collection also includes deaths and burials, army and navy pensions, wills and probate and assistant surgeon records.
Six brand new publications have just been added to the site along with updates to 12 existing titles. Brand new this week are:
- Dewsbury Chronicle and West Riding Advertiser covering 1882
- Formby Times covering 1895, 1900-1906, 1908-1909, 1911, 1919-1922, 1930, 1933-1939, 1943-1951 and 1967-1974
- Harborne Herald covering 1877, 1879, 1883-1891, 1893-1895 and 1897-1899
- Hastings & St. Leonards Times covering 1877-1896 and 1898-1899
- Neath Guardian covering 1927-1964
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser covering 1895-1896, 1898-1909 and 1912-1918
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser, 11 August 1917.
While thousands more pages have been added to:
- Blandford Weekly News from 1885 and 1887
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1880-1883, 1885-1888, 1890-1891 and 1894
- Faversham Times and Mercury and North-East Kent Journal from 1864
- Haslingden Gazette from 1913
- Liverpool Daily Post from 1901
- Nelson Chronicle, Colne Observer and Clitheroe Division News from 1890-1891 and 1894
- Penistone, Stocksbridge and Hoyland Express from 1920, 1922 and 1930-1931
- Ripon Observer from 1902-1903
- St. Helens Examiner from 1881-1882
- Torquay Times, and South Devon Advertiser from 1911 and 1912-1933
- Weekly Dispatch (London) from 1940
- Wolverhampton Express and Star from 1899 and 1911