Kickstart your 2023 research with over 120,000 new records this Findmypast Friday
This week’s Findmypast Friday includes the following new and updated collections.
- Explore six decades of history with Gibraltar census records
- Brand new Gibraltar life event records
- Another 600,000 newspaper pages added
- Plus, celebrate one year of the 1921 Census online with 21% off selected subscriptions – just use the code SAVE21 before 15 January
Brand new to Findmypast, this collection covers six decades of census returns. You should normally see your ancestor’s name, residence, year of birth and occupation. On the records for 1891, 1901 and 1911, you should find notes on disability. There are over 100,000 records to explore altogether.
Also new this week, there are 2,749 records which document British military deaths in Gibraltar before the First World War. They normally include your ancestor’s period of residence in Gibraltar and cause of death.
A further 4,420 records have been added to this existing collection, mostly for between 1802 and 1920. You should find military marriages, civilian marriages and Protestant marriage licences, typically including the names of both spouses, their residences, the groom’s occupation, the name and occupation of each father, and the religious denomination.
Over 600,000 more pages have been added this week, with the brand-new addition Lady of the House, an Irish newspaper, and updates to cinema title the Picturegoer.
- Buckinghamshire Advertiser, 1997
- Lady of the House, 1895-1923
- Matlock Visiting List, 1885-1888, 1890-1895, 1897-1904
- Belper Express, 1993
- Burton Daily Mail, 1996
- Cambridge Daily News, 1996
- Chester Chronicle (Frodsham & Helsby edition), 1999
- Esher News and Mail, 1991
- Hereford Times, 1922
- Herts and Essex Observer, 1996
- Ilkeston Express, 1999
- Irvine Herald, 1971, 1980
- Isle of Thanet Gazette and Thanet Times, 1999
- Midweek Visiter (Southport), 1992
- Neath Guardian, 1998
- Northampton Herald & Post, 1997
- Picturegoer, 1913-1914, 1919-1920, 1926-1960
- Runcorn & Widnes Herald & Post, 1999
- Shields Daily Gazette, 1921, 1927, 1932, 1937, 1944
- Shrewsbury Chronicle, 1980
- Staffordshire Newsletter, 1997
- Uttoxeter New Era, 1897