New and exclusive records across three collections added in this week’s Findmypast Friday
Findmypast adds thousands of school and parish records this Findmypast Friday
New additions into this existing set cover around 10,000 records for Halifax and York in England. Now at over 9 million records, you might uncover which school your ancestor attended, details of their time there and parents’ names.
Covering 10 churches in the Isle of Axholme, the new records into this set stand at nearly 40,000. You can normally find an ancestor’s residence, some occupations and even the father’s occupation. Plus, in this collection, there are two separate entries for each marriage, one for each spouse.
A further 65,636 records have been added into this collection, covering 129 churches and chapels over Lincolnshire and one in Nottinghamshire. These often give additional detail such as next of kin and the location of the burial.
- Clyde Weekly News, 1994
- Birmingham Mail, 1963, 1967
- Birmingham Weekly Mercury, 1959, 1975
- Burton Daily Mail, 1999
- Chatham News, 1993
- Cheltenham News, 1993
- Evening Despatch, 1904
- Leicester Daily Mercury, 1874, 1882-1888, 1892-1897, 1899-1901, 1903-1909, 1912-1913, 1915-1917, 1919, 1921-1922, 1929-1930, 1932, 1934, 1937, 1942, 1944-1948, 1967
- Lichfield Post, 1991
- Sandwell Evening Mail, 1977
- South Wales Echo, 1901
- Torbay Express and South Devon Echo, 1921-1922, 1925, 1954, 1976
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser, 1924, 1932, 1934, 1936-1938, 1941, 1943-1949
We are deeply saddened this week by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and extend our deepest sympathies to the Royal Household at this time.