Records from India to Ireland and beyond added this Findmypast Friday
Findmypast Friday this week adds a mix of newspapers, parish records and Merchant Navy records.
Nearly 5,000 records have been added into this existing collection, known for its biographical detail, physical descriptions, and often photographs. It includes British merchant seamen stationed all over the world.
British India Office: Births & Baptisms and Marriages
Even more records have been added into these two existing collections, where you could uncover if your ancestor married in British India, or had children there. It’s also possible to find residences and professions.
Brand new to Findmypast this week with additional images, these records are snippets of life events from three Irish newspapers. You can explore around 42,000 births, 30,000 marriages, and 66,000 deaths. Be sure to check the original for more detail.
This week’s new newspapers are from the Caribbean and Ireland.
- Carlow Nationalist, 1883-1916
- Colonial Standard, 1858, 1864, 1866, 1868-1869, 1871, 1873, 1875-1878, 1880-1888, 1890-1895
- Cork Weekly Examiner, 1896, 1898-1912
- Dominica Chronicle, 1911-1915
- Dominica Guardian, 1893-1920
- Mirror (Trinidad & Tobago), 1898, 1904-1907, 1909-1911
- Voice of St. Lucia, 1885-1888, 1890-1915
- Acton Gazette, 1984
- Belper Express, 1992
- Birmingham Daily Post, 1953
- Bootle Times, 1987
- Horley & Gatwick Mirror, 1987
- Huddersfield Daily Examiner, 1986
- Merthyr Express, 1989
- Stirling Observer, 1991