New English genealogy records added this Findmypast Friday
This week’s Findmypast Friday adds more parish records, plus an update to the 1939 Register in their weekly record release
Over 117,000 redacted records have been opened on the 1939 Register of England and Wales. Uncover an ancestor’s wartime occupation, where they were living, and even their full date of birth. Findmypast continues to have the most up to date version of the 1939 Register online.
62,000 transcripts and images for 82 churches across this English county have been added to this existing collection. The records normally include the baptism date, parents’ names and even their denomination.
Over 10,000 transcripts have been added into this existing collection for Sheffield. Biographical details can include both parents’ names, father’s occupation, and residence.
Nearly 200,000 pages have been added to Findmypast’s growing newspaper archive this week, covering 18 titles.
- Australian and New Zealand Gazette, 1855, 1864
- Brentwood Gazette, 1988-1989
- Carmarthen Journal, 1993
- Civil & Military Gazette (Lahore), 1845, 1847-1876, 1913-1928, 1930
- Gloucester Citizen, 1986
- Hammersmith & Shepherds Bush Gazette, 1970, 1972
- Harlow Star, 1986, 1989
- Hinckley Times, 1987
- Ilfracombe Chronicle, 1872
- Kilmarnock Standard, 1987
- Liverpool Daily Post, 1874
- Liverpool Evening Express, 1899
- Macclesfield Express, 1991
- Rutherglen Reformer and Cambuslang Journal, 1887
- Staffordshire Newsletter, 1988
- West Lothian Courier, 1989
- Wishaw Press, 1993
- Wokingham Times, 1993
With Thanks to Findmypast