Findmypast Friday: celebrate North American ancestors with thousands of new records
Findmypast mark Canada Day and American Independence Day with new Revolutionary War records, Canadian life event indexes and more in this week’s Findmypast Friday update.
Do you have roots in the Canadian province of Manitoba? Discover family milestones in brand new birth, marriage and death indexes. The new Manitoba records now available to search on Findmypast include;
- Over 107,000 Manitoba birth records
- Over 56,000 Manitoba marriage records
- Over 76,000 Manitoba death records
Essential for growing your family tree, birth, marriage and death records will reveal important dates and locations as well as the identities of parent’s, spouses and children.
Explore the veterans and widows of the American Revolution by identifying them on the list of pensioners, taken as part of the United States Federal Census of 1840.
In 1840, a census was undertaken of surviving revolutionary war veterans and widows as part of the sixth census of the United States. The material consist of transcripts and images that are listed geographically, starting with Maine and moving south. This special census may provide names of multiple family members, which is not included in the population schedule of the 1840 US census.
Not everyone in British America wanted independence. Trace those loyalists and their intriguing stories in this unique collection of publications.
This record set consists of PDF images from 22 combined publications from across British America, covering everything from orderly books to subscription lists.
This small but eye-opening record set lists enslaved people who answered Lord Dunmore’s call to arms during the American Revolution.
Compiled from a number of sources, Findmypast have created a searchable index of all known individuals who joined Dunmore’s unit. In it, you’ll discover their names, aliases, ages and, in some cases, what became of them after the war.
Three new papers have joined the Findmypast archives this week, including a publication designed for British emigrants moving to America. 12 existing titles have also been updated with additional pages.
Brand new to the site are:
- American Settler covering 1880-1892
- Essex Times covering 1870, 1873, 1875, 1878, 1880-1882, 1884-1888, 1890-1896, 1898-1899, 1903-1907 and 1909-1913
- Kentish Express covering 1979-1982
While new pages and date ranges have been added to:
- Dundee Courier from 1997
- Evening Irish Times from 1901-1904 and 1906-1914
- Gorey Correspondent from 1873-1874, 1877-1878 and 1881
- Halifax Evening Courier from 1898
- Larne Reporter and Northern Counties Advertiser from 1871-1872, 1874, 1876, 1884, 1888-1889, 1891, 1899-1900 and 1903-1904
- Luton Times and Advertiser from 1855
- Morning Herald (London) from 1865-1869
- Rochdale Times from 1913
- Seren Cymru from 1851
- Staffordshire Newsletter from 1934-1971 and 1973-1985
- Teviotdale Record and Jedburgh Advertiser from 1857
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser from 1991-1992