Findmypast add over 2.7 million civil births, marriages and deaths to their growing Scottish Collection
Millions of new births, marriages, deaths and newspapers from across Scotland are now available to search this Findmypast Friday
Compiled from a number of sources, this collection is essential for enriching the Scottish branches of your family tree.
This growing set of millions of records has been compiled from a number of sources, including local government indexes held by various councils and archives, volunteer & local family history society transcriptions, modern records and civil registers.
Providing a variety of valuable biographical details including dates, locations, parents’ names and residences, the collection will continue to grow over the coming months as further records are collated.
Did your relatives exchange wedding vows in Scotland? Unlock family love stories with this useful resource.
Search this collection to discover when, where and to whom your ancestors were married. Using the information you glean from this index, you can access copies of original Scottish marriage certificates via ScotlandsPeople.
This vast record set reveals rich Scottish family research detail including death and burial facts, addresses, occupations and next of kin.
Findmypast is home to the fastest growing collection of Scottish family records online. Enhance your research by combining these death and burial records with Scotland Monumental Inscriptions, the largest resource of its kind. With it, you’ll uncover vital details about your Scottish ancestors’ lives and deaths.
Expect these collections of modern and civil birth, marriage and death records to expand further over the coming months as Findmypast continue to update their rapidly growing Scottish collection.
Findmypast have just published five new Scottish newspapers and updated 10 others with extra pages.
Kirriemuir Free Press and Angus Advertiser, 11 August 1927. Read the full page.
Findmypast’s Scottish newspaper archive has grown with the addition of:
- Glasgow Weekly Herald covering 1865, 1867-1869, 1879-1881, 1883-1885, 1887, 1889 and 1891-1892
- Glasgow Weekly Mail covering 1862-1864, 1866-1868, 1879-1880, 1883, 1886, 1888 and 1890-1892
- Inverness Advertiser and Ross-shire Chronicle covering 1849-1885
- Inverness Journal and Northern Advertiser covering 1812-1833, 1835-1836, 1840-1842 and 1844-1848
- Kirriemuir Free Press and Angus Advertiser covering 1928-1949
While the following titles have been supplemented with additional pages:
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1895-1896, 1899-1907 and 1913-1919
- East Riding Telegraph from 1898
- Halifax Comet from 1903
- Herald of Wales from 1882
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1910, 1922-1923, 1925-1928 and 1930-1931
- Ripon Observer from 1889, 1917-1918
- St. Helens Examiner from 1889
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1893-1894
- Weekly True Sun from 1835, 1839
- Weymouth Telegram from 1883 and 1885-1886