Brand new US and UK records available to search this Findmypast Friday
Explore electoral registers, Catholic records and more this Findmypast Friday.
Findmypast continues to add new records and newspaper pages every week so there’s always something new to discover. Read on to discover what’s new this week.
Privacy rules have allowed Findmypast to release thousands of new Catholic baptism, marriage and burial records from churches in Cincinnati, Ohio. This includes;
- Over 22,000 new Cincinnati Roman Catholic parish baptisms now covering records up to 1924
- Over 28,000 new Cincinnati Roman Catholic parish marriages now covering records up to 1924
- Over 19,000 new Cincinnati Roman Catholic parish burials now covering records up to 1953
All of these new additions come from Archdiocese of Cincinnati and have been published as part of Findmypast’s exclusive Catholic Heritage Archive. The Archdiocese was erected by Pope Pius VII in 1821 and has a long tradition of being a place of worship for pioneers.
The Church supported the growing influx of German and Irish immigrants and by 1910, around 70% of Cincinnati’s citizens were Roman Catholic. These exclusive records detail some of the most important events in their lives.
Did your ancestor run a pub in Cambridgeshire? Find out with this unique resource, including new records from Newmarket, Ely, Whittelsey and Thorney. Each record normally includes the name and abode of the victualler, the name of the alehouse, tavern or inn, its location and the name and abode of the person providing surety.
The surviving records for Cambridgeshire 1764-1828 are kept in the Cambridgeshire Archives in Ely. They have been photographed and transcribed by members of the Cambridgeshire & Huntingdonshire Family History Society, which has kindly licensed the records for the use of researchers on Findmypast.
Provided by 192.com, these modern records include names, addresses and other details of the UK electorate from 2002 right up to the present day. Business directors also feature.
This week Findmypast have published seven new titles along with updates to 16 others. Brand new to the collection are:
- Atherstone News and Herald covering 1895-1910, 1913-1949 and 1951-1982
- Blandford and Wimbourne Telegram covering 1886
- Bridport, Beaminster, and Lyme Regis Telegram covering 1880 and 1882-1884
- Bristol Observer covering 1877, 1879, 1886, 1889 and 1898
- Llanelly Mercury covering 1891-1892, 1894-1896 and 1899-1908
- Poole Telegram covering 1880
- Rhos Herald covering 1922-1950
While the following titles have had their coverage expanded with additional pages:
- Barrow Herald and Furness Advertiser from 1880
- Bootle Times from 1882, 1889 and 1897
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1884
- Chester Courant from 1867
- Daily Record from 1905
- Fulham Chronicle from 1905-1906 and 1979-1980
- Halifax Comet from 1893, 1898-1901 and 1904
- Indian Daily News from 1898
- Reynolds’s Newspaper from 1933
- Saint James’s Chronicle from 1821
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1880, 1882-1889 and 1891-1892
- Sun & Central Press from 1871 and 1873-1874
- Sun (London) from 1873-1875
- Swindon Advertiser from 1899, 1901-1910 and 1912
- Swindon Advertiser and North Wilts Chronicle from 1911
- Widnes Examiner from 1889