Explore new and exclusive Catholic records
This week at Findmypast, there are hundreds of thousands of new records from New York and Australia. Here are all the details on what’s new and how to make the most of them.
Over 45,000 baptism records have been added to this important collection and you won’t find them anywhere else online. All of the new additions are from 1920 and cover over 200 churches. Check the parish list for full details of the places included.
Consisting of both images and transcripts of original sacramental registers, these records will reveal a combination of your ancestor’s birth date, baptism date, baptism location, parents’ names, parish and language.
Unlock the details behind your Catholic ancestors’ New York nuptials with over 36,000 additional records. These transcripts and images include the couple’s names, ages, occupations, residences, birth years, the names of their parent’s as well as the date and location of their marriage.
As well as New York Catholic records, Findmypast’s Catholic Heritage Archive brings you exclusives from Baltimore, Cincinnati, Chicago, Philadelphia and Toledo. Not to mention unique English and Scottish archdioceses’ collections.
Was your relative born in Victoria, Australia between 1918 and 1920? Findmypast have added over 100,000 records to help you find out.
Essential for the Victoria branches of your family tree, each record can reveal your ancestor’s name, birth year and place and their parents’ details.
This week also sees Findmypast publish four brand new papers and updated nine existing titles with additional pages. Online for the first time are;
- Midland Counties Tribune covering 1895-1896, 1898-1911 and 1913-1957
- Bargoed Journal covering 1905-1912
- Cradley Heath & Stourbridge Observer covering 1881
- North Cumberland Reformer covering 1894
While coverage has been expanded for the following titles;
- Weekly Dispatch (London) from 1801-1804, 1806-1807, 1814, 1817-1819, 1851, 1869, 1871-1901, 1903-1922, 1925-1933, 1935-1939 and 1941-1961
- Manchester Evening News from 1923
- London Daily News from 1921 and 1939
- Brighouse & Rastrick Gazette from 1883-1888 and 1890-1895
- Irvine Express from 1884
- Warrington Examiner from 1883, 1890, 1892-1893 and 1895
- Herald of Wales from 1890
- Lancaster Standard and County Advertiser from 1901-1902
Findmypast’s exclusive Catholic Heritage Archive has recently unlocked new details in President Joe Biden’s family tree.
If you have a similar success story to share, Findmypast would love to hear from you. Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
With thanks to Findmypast