The Office for National Statistics (ONS) ran an extensive consultation on the content of the 2021 Census in England and Wales during 2015.
Following this, we’ll now be holding 4 regional roadshows to share the latest news on the proposed content for the 2021 Census questionnaire.
This will be an opportunity to ask experienced ONS staff questions and to find out about progress towards an administrative data census beyond 2021.
The roadshows will cover:
- a summary of question development and testing since publication of topic consultation outcomes and progress towards 2021 Census questionnaire design
- developments towards meeting user requirements for data on sexual identity, gender identity and veterans
- research and question development for the ethnic group question, including consideration of additional response options and online question design
- ONS’s assessment of using Valuation Office Agency data to produce estimates of numbers of rooms
- updates on other census topics including education, volunteering and central heating
- latest news from the Admin Data Census Project on progress towards an administrative data census beyond 2021
Roadshow venues and dates:
- Newcastle upon Tyne – Tuesday 4 July, 1pm – 5pm
- Birmingham – Wednesday 5 July, 1pm – 5pm
- Cardiff – Thursday 6 July, 1pm – 5pm
- London – Monday 10 July, 1pm – 5pm
Book a place on Eventbrite by using this link and following the instructions:
There are a limited number of places at these events, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
All venues are Equality Act 2010 compliant.
Sorry, lunch won’t be provided but tea and coffee will be available.
For more information, please contact:
Census Customer Services
Telephone: 01329 444972
Address: Census Customer Services, ONS, Titchfield, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RR